Going gluten-free doesn’t mean missing out on pizzas. You can make your own tasty gluten-free pizza at home. The store bought gluten-free bases are often small, expensive, basic and taste below average. So why not make your own! It doesn’t take much time and you can make it just the way you like it.
Ingredients for Base ( approx 12 inch pizza)
– 2.5 cups of Gluten Free Plain Flour
– 1 Quick Rise Yeast Packet
– 1 Egg
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 teaspoons Xanthan Gum
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1 – 2 cups of warm water
– 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
Ingredients for Toppings(change for whatever you want)
– 200g Chicken
– 2 sliced large mushrooms
– 2 teaspoons garlic powder
– Tomato Puree
– 150g Mozzarella Cheese
Instructions for making the Pizza Base
1. Combine Flour, yeast, salt, xanthan gum, sugar. Stir, combining well.
2. Start Blending whilst adding Olive Oil, egg, and 1 to 2 cups of water. Blend 3-5 mins till thick. (the amount of water depends on how crusty you want the pizza, less more crusty)
3. Spread out dough on a sheet of baking paper. You can make whatever shape you want, and you can ridge up edges to make a thick crust if desired.
4. Optional, leave in a warm place to rise for around 30 mins. (The longer you leave it to rise, the more fluffy the pizza will be)
5. Bake in pre-heated oven 20-25 mins. (If you have a subpar oven you might have to turn around half way through.)
Instructions for toppings
1. Cut up the chicken into tiny pieces. Coat with 1 tbsp gluten free flour and 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
2. Cook Chicken in 1tbsp oil for 8 mins. Set aside.
3. Paste the cooked pizza base with enough tomato puree, the add the chicken and mushrooms. Finally sprinkle with cheese.
4. Bake the pizza for 5-10 mins till cheese is melted to how you want.